Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact one of our loan officers to schedule an appointment or to fill out an application over the phone call
After your checking account has been opened, you will receive our routing number and your individual account number. If your employer participates in a direct deposit program, simply provide this information to your payroll department at your company and your direct deposit will usually begin within 30 days.
Obtaining a safe deposit box is actually a very simple process. All you need to do is come by the closest bank with Safe Deposit Box options to sign a contract and receive your box and keys.
- Columbia Main -
1411 Grindstone Plaza Dr.
Columbia, MO 65201
- Columbia Stadium -
1215 Fellows Place
Columbia, MO 65201
- Piedmont -
1025 S Main St
Piedmont, MO 63957
- Poplar Bluff Main -
704 N. Westwood Blvd
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
- Poplar Bluff North Branch -
3069 N Westwood Blvd
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
- Puxico -
141 E. Richardson
Puxico, MO 63960
- Van Buren -
202 Main Street
Van Buren, MO 63965
- Columbia Main -
No, the contents of your safe deposit box are not covered by FDIC insurance. Your safe deposit box is strictly a storage space provided by the bank in a secured vault.
Yes, Order Checks
Any FMB Checking, Savings or Money Market account is eligible for free eStatements.
No. eStatements are free for all FMB customers.
Yes! In fact when they are delivered, viewed, and stored with our secure Online Banking solution, they are more secure than traditional statements delivered via U.S. Mail.
You will need to contact our Customer Service department at (573) 785-8461, come to any of our branch locations and fill out an application, or enroll online (see below).
Yes, It only takes a few minutes to register for Online Banking and once you’re registered you can use our Mobile Banking app too. Enroll for Online Banking.
It’s fast, it’s easy, it’s 24/7 and it’s FREE.
Yes, you can view all transactions for the past 30 days.
Can I download my bank information into financial management software, and what software is compatible?
Yes, it is compatible with Quicken and QuickBooks.
Yes, you can transfer funds using online banking and there is not a fee for doing so.
Keeping financial information secure and confidential within First Midwest Online Banking is one of our most important responsibilities. Whenever personal information is requested or displayed on our website we use encryption technology, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL), to prevent unauthorized access to data. We are committed to safe and secure online banking and to provide you with peace of mind when you access your account information.
Deposit and Savings
We offer Statement Savings, Tiered Money Markets, Christmas Club and Kids Club. If you would like further information please contact our customer service department at (573) 785-8461.
- $5 for Kids Club
- $5 for Christmas Club account
- $50 for Checking
- $100 for Savings
- $1000 for Money Market
Yes, each individual customer’s account is insured by the FDIC up to $250,000 per depositor.
Yes, you may provide the required documentation for a loan pre-approval to verify income, debts and assets prior to your purchase. Once we obtain a credit report, we can make a credit only loan decision. This process is called a pre-approval.
Title insurance protects the lender (lender’s policy) and the homeowner (owner’s policy) against loss resulting from disputes over ownership of the property. Title insurance also lists any current liens against the property and current tax information.
Mobile Deposit is a service offered by First Midwest that allows you to make a deposit directly into your eligible checking or savings account using the Mobile Deposit App on supported Apple and Android devices. Mobile Deposit lets you submit photos of the front and back of your endorsed check. Checks are not stored on your mobile device.
- A customer is eligible to use Mobile Deposit once an account has been open for at least 90 days.
- You must be enrolled in First Midwest Online Banking (NetTeller).
- You must have no more than 3 chargebacks in the last 3 months.
- You must have the First Midwest Mobile Banking App installed on your mobile device (iPad, iPhone or Android)
Yes, the online transmission of checks is secured through a secure SSL encrypted browser session. You should protect your login and password for Mobile Deposit as you would you login information for other online banking services. Remember, for added security to log out completely when you finish using the Mobile App.
Yes, Check 21 legislation allows banks to exchange images of checks for collection instead of paper. In fact, the majority of checks in the U.S. are cleared electronically today.
We are pleased to offer the Mobile Deposit service to you at no charge for consumers meeting all requirements.
Other fees may still apply, however, such as those for returned items or overdrafts, per item charges, limits on the number of items to deposit, and mobile carrier fees. You should also consult the Bank’s fee schedule and deposit account agreement for further information regarding fees applicable to your account.
You will receive a deposit notification via email when your deposit is submitted. The deposit will be subject to verification and the Bank’s Funds Availability Policy.
All First Midwest Mobile Deposits made before 4:00 PM CST are processed and credited that evening and generally available on the next business day under the Bank’s Funds Availability Policy.
Items deposited after 4:00 PM CST will be processed the following business day, with availability of funds on the business day following when the deposit is processed. Saturdays, Sundays and Federal Holidays are not considered business days for processing purposes, even if the bank may be open on those days.
Deposits made on Saturday or throughout the weekend are processed on the next business day following that weekend. Saturdays, Sundays and Federal Holidays are not considered business days for processing purposes, even if the bank may be open on those days.
Each check is considered a separate deposit. Checks must be endorsed “For Deposit only to FMB” and the owner’s signature.
- You can make up to 10 deposits in one day so long as the total amount deposited does not exceed $2500.
- You can make up to 20 deposits in one month so long as the total amount deposited does not exceed $5000.
We recommend you mark your check as being electronically deposited once it is submitted and keep deposited checks for 60 days before destroying.
Checks made payable to the account owner or joint owners that have been properly endorsed with the owner’s signature and “For Deposit Only to FMB”.
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into.
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn.
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks or items prohibited by the bank’s current procedures relating to the services or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your account.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through the Service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution.
- Checks that have previously been deposited or negotiated in any way via any method at First Midwest Bank or any other financial institution.
- Foreign checks
- Savings Bonds
- Returned or re-deposited checks
- Rebate Checks
Note: Cutoff time for submitting deposits is 4:00 PM CST (M-F)
Message and data rates may apply. Please check with your communications service provider for access rates, texting charges, and other applicable fees. Bank reserves the right to disable mobile app deposit capabilities.